Do you want to learn how to promote racial equity in the classroom while adding additional hours to your professional development resume?
PAIRR University is offering a course that helps Pennsylvania educators meet requirements outlined by the ACT 48 Continuing Professional Education Requirements. According to ACT 48, all certificate holders must earn 180 hours of professional development every five years.
The professional development hours must be related to an area of the professional educator’s assignment or certification (24 PS §12-1205.2(c)) and, if the educator is employed by a school entity, it must comply with the school entity’s plan. This requirement can be met with six college credits, six credits of continuing professional education courses, 180 clock hours of continuing professional education, or any combination of collegiate studies, continuing professional education courses or other programs, activities or learning experiences equivalent to 180 hours.
The Saving Empire is an approved professional provider for the Pennsylvania Department of Education. The Saving Empire is also Doing Business As (DBA) the PAIRR University.
The course – Promoting Positive Racial Teacher Student Classroom Relationships: To Eliminate the Worries About Negative Perceptions – is designed to help professionals learn how to promote racial equity in the classroom while attaining additional hours of professional development.
- Better Connections with students of color
- Parents of color better understanding your intentions
- Eliminate possible litigation from parents and civic organizations
- 12 Weekly Live Online Sessions
- Live Question & Answer Sessions
- Access to Online Support Groups
- Access to assignments online
- One-on-one support available
- You will have positive reactions from students and parents of color
- You will have the respect of students and parents of color
- You create an atmosphere where students enjoy coming to school
- You will have the skills to transform the mindset of students, parents, and staff
- You will have strategies that improve the overall experience of learning for all
This course is for teachers and administrators who desire to eliminate worries about negative perceptions will earning mandated Pennsylvania professional development hours.